Friday, April 27, 2007

New Jersey that was just sad.


I am not talking about their performance on the ice. Though they didn't show up in the first period. Or at least with my Sens colored glasses, the Devils were outplayed. What I am talking about is their attendance. Where are your fans? Can you only sellout your house when you play one of the other NYC team or Philly? The Devils have THE BEST goalie in the history of the NHL and they cannot even draw a reasonably full house for the second round of the playoffs. Now if it was only a few seat here and there. (like in Detroit, sad as well, but with those prices I can understand) But there was whole rows empty. WTF! I don't how many time I told DCSC that we could have been there. It has been couple years since I was able to go to a playoff game (Caps Fan) and it would have been great to see my 1B team live. I am currently petitioning DCSC for an opportunity to make the trek. Though I take her point that the mojo will not transfer to Jersey. Looks like I will be watching from my Lucky chair, drinking my Molson. Looks like I need to make a beer run before Saturday.

Note to the Toronto media types, that rail on the Capitals for their attendance. You need to shut the F up. The Caps haven't had a wining season in a few years now. It is a growing process, but if we win 3 cups and still can't fill the house duing the playoff then you can might have a leg to stand on.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger DCSportsChick said...

No trek to NJ. Must stay in the lucky chair. Too bad you can't get any XXX beer before Sat.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Law-Rah said...

I love that you were "petitioning" her. As it should be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home